1. The design of your off-grid system and installation of this transfer switch should only be performed by qualified end-users, electricians or technicians authorized and licensed where required by local codes.
2. Before installation of this device, please review this manual in its entirety before beginning work.
3. Install/mount the ATS controller to a clean, and dry surface, and in a suitable location that will allow free air circulation around the ATS at all times. Ensure all cables are of adequate length to allow for proper strain relief at the ATS connection block.
4. Ensure all safety protocols are followed. Check all AC power supplies are off and secured with a safety lock-out tag system to prevent inadvertent power actuation.
5. All power connection cables must meet minimum wire gauge recommendations set by standard electrical requirements and your local codes.
6. Verify all connections are connected and tightened properly! Loose electrical connections will overheat and can damage the ATS and can cause fires.
7. Do not connect the neutral connector on the user side to the ground connection or to a protective ground connector, as the user outlets have no protective multiple grounding.
Note! Do not connect the“pe”grounding wire (protective earth) to the neutral connector.
8. After ensuring the above steps are complied with and you have verified all the connections are properly terminated, proceed with the final connections to the utility power, inverter, battery, and load(s)
9. Turn on the master switch located at the top of the ATS.
10. Perform voltage & ammeter checks on your newly installed system to verify your ATS is operating within the specified operating parameters.